Sunday 17 July 2016

Why not to use ‘My Self’ in an introduction? ๐Ÿ˜‹


I went to a party yesterday, where I met an old uncle. 
๐Ÿ‘ด The grey-beard-old-structure is an retired but highly educated man, of course his dressing sense was arguably amazing!
He might thought that I would be little shocked if I see an old-man speaking such fluent English. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Well, partially I was impressed, as linguistic is one of my criteria of judgment. But something amazing has happened, which raised my confidence.
So the scene was like this ๐ŸŽญ -
๐Ÿ‘ด Old Uncle (OU): Hello Young-man. Would you like to introduce yourself?
๐Ÿ‘จ Me: Hello Uncle. I’m Deep. Bla-bla..bla-bla… 
(But he stopped me in middle of my statement and tried to 'correct’ my language!) haha ๐Ÿ˜
๐Ÿ‘ด OU: Apologies for interruption, but did you just said 'I’m (your name)’ ?
Well I think, it’s better to use 'My self (your name)’. These little thing shows your level of linguistics. ๐Ÿ˜’Sorry to say young-man, you have to boost your linguistics skills to a higher level.
(He was trying correct my language! ๐Ÿ˜ฃ The thing I had worked so hard. I don’t tolerate comments on my Knowledge and Language. ๐Ÿ™
NOW THIS WAS MY TURN ๐Ÿ˜ค)
๐Ÿ‘จ Me: Excuse me Sir ! Are you trying to say that 'My self’ is a correct statement instead of 'I’m’ ?
๐Ÿ‘ด OU: Yes! I exactly meant the same. ๐Ÿ˜‡
๐Ÿ‘จ Me: Well, in that case, I must recommend you an sophisticated 'English Grammar’ book๐Ÿ“”.
Not me, but you need an update on your linguistics!
๐Ÿ‘ด OU: What you mean?๐Ÿ˜ฃ
๐Ÿ‘จ Me: Let me do the honor to brush up your grammar. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Sir, 'Myself’ is a REFLEXIVE PRONOUN. So it can NOT be used in the beginning of the sentence. 
For example - You might say - “I done it myself”. (That makes sense ๐Ÿ˜)
But if you say - “Myself I done it.” 
(That’s crap ๐Ÿ˜’)
(๐Ÿ˜ฒ aha! The greybeard was not easily ready to accept his defeat! Now there is a question mark on his own dignity.๐Ÿ˜ค)
So now he find another way to shock me! He pull out his 'costly smart-phone’ out of his pocket๐Ÿ“ฑ.
Well this time I was shocked, not by his 'costly smart-phone’, but with the fact that he literally know how to use it.๐Ÿ˜‚
He further performed internet searches. And finally I was proven right.๐Ÿ˜„
(Now he turned on Hindi immediately. ๐Ÿ˜‰)
๐Ÿ‘ด OU: Aara hann! ๐Ÿ˜… kya bat hai yar, tumha to sach mai English ki aachi knowledge hai! ๐Ÿ˜‡ Wa beta. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Good-good. Bhout aecha! ๐Ÿ˜‡
๐Ÿ‘จ Me: Thank you uncle. ๐Ÿ˜‡
Hence, this incident was reorganized by a huge amount of people in the party, and I was praised a lot. ๐Ÿ˜Ž