Sunday 17 July 2016

An alternative to the quality check sticker.


🌅 It was another hot day in the tales of summer.🌞
I move to the kitchen in hope to drink ice-chill water. As I bend down to pic up the bottle from the fridge, I saw a red-flashy-shinny apple 🍎, in the extremes of its glory, calling me out with those allure looks. 😍
I just grab the apple and head towards 🚪my room.
So I sat on the chair, and closed my eyes 😆 to enjoy the extreme pleasure.
I just made my first bite, but wait! “there’s something 😣”
Oh! I forgot to remove the ‘sticker’ 🎫.
Yes! The quality check sticker. I’m sure might have seen it on vegetables and fruits in the supermarket.
😮 What’s its use?
Well, it is helpful to gain useful information about every single fruit or vegetable which is ready for sell.
It gives information about the price, date, method of production and even if it is a GMO or not.
So no doubt that it is a useful thing.
But, can we find any alternative to these paper made stickers?
In general, we just pull the sticker off, roll it of to our fingers and then throw it the trash.🚮
Just as an estimate, if you can print 100 stickers per page and sticky paper comes in a pair (1 sticky side & 1base paper). So they add up to 2 papers per 100 stickers.
And if 10,000 stickers printed per day, then just imagine the amount of paper used in a year. 😮
So can we do something to save this huge amount of paper? 😏
Well, what I suggest -
1. Edible ink printing directly on fruits and vegetables. 🍎🍈🍅
2. Scratch mark printing on fruits surface, so as to leave a embedded mark. 🍊🍏🍓
🐒 Do you have any other innovative idea?
Comment down below.